02 Nov How to win more clients in Asia an interview with sales trainer Christina Tan business podcast episode 48
With the year coming to a close and sales professionals everywhere around the world looking to finish off the quarter strong and look into 2022, I had the pleasure of interviewing sales professional and trainer Christina Tan with over 20 years of experience and currently based in Singapore.
With this episode I wanted to ask Christina some of the burning questions that sales professionals have no matter how experience they encounter and some of the steps to overcome rejection or sales loss.
Chapters of the episode:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:35 – What’s the number 1 common mistake sales reps make that loses their deal?
- 3:38 – Why some salespeople lose the sales by going straight into products and features
- 7:25 – Christina’s 4S sales methodology to success
- 12:52 – Why personal branding is so important in mastering your sales presence to close effectively
- 15:39 – How has COVID changed the way sales reps act in terms of generating leads and closing them?
- 17:37 – Effective sales requires a union between sales and marketing
- 19:39 – What advice would you give a fellow Chief Sales Officer on helping them reframe a problem that they are facing?
How number 1 mistake sales people make in their approach
Watch the episode
Listen to the episode
Why is personal branding so important in sales?
When we spoke on the topic of COVID and sales and what needs to be dialed up, Christina mentioned that sales and marketing teams will need to work in unison in order to help drive the leads needed to build up a sales pipeline.
Christina said “for sales people if you don’t have a strong marketing team especially for b2b, that kind of marketing ma… [you] have to really pump up that digital visibility, so I think LinkedIn is definitely one of the good social platform.”
According to a recent publication by Deloitte Digital regarding the future of sales and digital “Digital demand generation has also proven to dramatically improve conversion rates, with leaders enjoying a 4x higher conversion rate of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to sales qualified leads (SQL) (20% vs. 5%)”.
Reach out to Christina
What is Point of View (POV) Show?
The Point of View business Show highlights business professionals in Asia and around the world to get an understanding on what makes them effective, how they do it and advice to help you grow in Leadership, Branding, Marketing and Sales. Follow the journey and connect with me on LinkedIn.